Friday 16 March 2018

Transferable Skills

There is a difference between 'transferable' and 'musical' skills. Musical skills are skills that you need specifically for music i.e using LogicPro, knowing the note names on a keyboard etc. Musical skills are not going be useful in non-musical jobs/courses. Transferable skills are skills that are useful to many jobs and situations such as time management, collaboration skills and being a confident leader.

Here are some ideas:


Examples of transferable skills

TASK: copy and paste the following and complete it, using the paper version you used in class. Please label this 'unit' 8 as it is task 2 of the brief.


Transferable Skills Audit

Read through these statements and tick YES or NO in the relevant columns.  Please answer for each statement. You can then see skills that you may want to develop and you can update this audit later in the year. There is space at the bottom for you to add any other skills you have that are not listed. If you are stuck for ideas, see the ‘wordle’!


Skill Area
Skill Statement
YES
NO
Time Management
I am punctual/good at arriving on time



I have a great attendance record (90%+)



I meet all my deadlines



I am good at planning my time



Multi-media/netracy
I use video editing software (i.e iMovie, FinalCut…)



I can upload video (to YouTube, Vimeo…)



I can create a pdf document



I use image editing software (i.e Photoshop, Gimp…)



I can embed html code



I use cloud computing (i.e dropbox, g-drive…)



I know how to send attachments in emails



Communication
I am a confident public speaker



I have good telephone skills



I create and give visual presentations well (i.e using PowerPoint, prezie, KeyNote…)


I use social media to communicate effectively



Enterprise
I am good at budgeting



I collaborate with others well



I have lots of good ideas



I am good at problem-solving



I am a good fundraiser



I plan projects thoroughly



Other










No comments:

Post a Comment